Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Parable of Virtues

Once all the Virtues--Wisdom, Knowledge, Prosperity, Beauty, Charity, Time-- were inside a boat and because of a big storm the boat was about to capsize. Each one quickly grabbed a life raft and jump to the sea. Unfortunately, there was not enough life raft and Wisdom had to swim through a raging sea.

Prosperity passed by and Wisdom cried out, "Prosperity can you take me with you?" Prosperity answered, "No I can't. There's so much silver and gold in my raft. There's no place here for you."

Wisdom decided to ask Beauty who was also passing by, "Beauty, please help me!" I can't help you Wisdom. You're all wet and you might destroy my beauty kits in my raft."

Charity was close by so Wisdom asked for help, "Charity, let me go with you." "O Wisdom," answered Charity, there's a lot of Virtues already in here. There's no more room for charity."

Suddenly there was a voice, "Come Wisdom, I will take you." Wisdom quickly hopped in and they reached shore" Wisdom asked Knowledge who was that Virtue who helped him. "It was Time."  "Time? But why did Time help me?"

"Because only Time cares for Wisdom."

No comments:

Post a Comment